While they'll always be a guiding force for this site, Andrew and Iain don't have as much time as they used to when it comes to daily moderation of the site. Don't worry - they're not going anywhere, but they would much rather that their slots be used by folks that have more time to actively work on the problems and challenges that Sound Design faces.
I'm looking for two users that:
- Have a reasonably thorough knowledge of Sound Design, and audio production in general
- Are patient, fair and able to help lead this community
- Have a few hours per week on average they can allot for moderating the site
- Have read and understand our theory of moderation, guiding principles that have proven to be the key to success for community self-moderation on our sites
What will you do, exactly? The job is a tad more involved here, as we face some very unique challenges, but the tasks at hand are just waiting for folks with the right kind of creativity to meet them. You'll be:
- Working with the rest of the moderation team and myself to help solidify the scope and identity of the site
- Help re-organize tags so that folks following (or ignoring) them can enjoy a more interesting mix of questions
- Step in and take action where the community can't, and help resolve topic and content disputes
I've already made it sound more complicated than it actually is - if you care about the site and have been actively working to improve and curate it, you'll be able to just keep doing what you're doing - it'll just be easier with a diamond next to your name.
If you're interested, you can reply in an answer to this question, or email me directly at
tpost@[nospam]stackoverflow.com, of course you'll need to remove my very primitive anti-lunch meat measures.
I'd like to get folks appointed over the next two weeks, if you even think you might be interested in the job - please reach out to me to talk about it.