I write code and make music, sometimes at the same time even.
As a computer professional, it's important to learn to identify hackers. They typically wear a ski mask and gloves, often a trenchcoat. A trenchcoat alone does not make you a hacker, but a trenchcoat with a domino mask ABSOLUTELY makes you a hacker or at least some sort of criminal, no questions asked. A ski mask and gloves accompanied by other ski gear such as a heavy coat typically does not indicate a hacker, merely a skier. A black screen with green text raises some red flags as well, typically scrolling very quickly. The quicker the scrolling, the more likely this person is a hacker. I once saw green text scrolling at a rate of almost one screen per second and immediately changed all my passwords and reinstalled windows. Once you begin to learn these tricks, you can keep the elderly and small children safe from hackers, but be warned that they are often in dark rooms where they are difficult to see.
- English Language & Usage 621 621 11 gold badge55 silver badges66 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 463 463 99 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Super User 174 174 22 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- Sound Design 161 161 11 gold badge11 silver badge88 bronze badges
- Signal Processing 123 123 66 bronze badges
- View network profile
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.