Lead guitarist and petrolhead with Scottish Industrial rock trio Metaltech (and our alter-ego folk band Acoustech) - EPs and album available on Spotify, iTunes, Amazon etc.
- headlined the Orkney Rock Festival in 2014
- nominated for Best Metal Act at the Scottish Alternative Music Awards 2011 (came 2nd)
- nominated for Best Group and Best Loud Track at the Scottish New Music Awards 2011
Been gigging for 25 years, taught guitar on and off. Played a lot of the Scottish music festivals (Rock Ness, Wickerman, Belladrum etc), supported bands like Monster Magnet, Alec Empire, KMFDM, Angelspit, Psydoll. Headlined all over Scotland.
Website - http://www.metaltech.me
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/metaltech
Check out our videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/Metaltechtheband
Play classical, rock, blues, metal, spanish, slide, folk...
On stage usually use Ibanez (7 string RG7321 and Joe Satriani signature models), or a 1989 Charvel Predator with a Dimebucker pickup through a Kemper Profiler and a DigiTech Whammy, sometimes with a CryBaby. For the songs requiring fire I use a 7-string BC Rich Warlock with pyro attachments!
Generally DI'ed straight into the venue PA or through Laney 4x10s - the Kemper is happy either way!
- Sonar and Cubase are my preferred audio platforms.
- Moderator of the Security, Music, AVP, Outdoors, Sound Design, and Parenting Stack Exchange sites.
Scotland, United Kingdom
Member for 5 years, 5 months
21 profile views
Last seen Apr 5 at 9:13
Top network posts
- 287 How can someone go off-web, and anonymise themselves after a life online?
- 195 My 3 year old daughter thinks she is white. Should I tell her she's not?
- 121 What's to stop someone from 3D print cloning a key?
- 116 Are spiders unable to hurt humans, especially very small spiders?
- 108 Were children safer in the good old days?
- 101 When should parents stop changing clothes in front of children?
- 101 How can I manage my need to take short bathroom breaks in a professional setting?
- View more network posts →